this blog

The ramblings and observations of a kidney transplant recipient, although not necessarily for that reason.

probably smarter than me
book i'm reading
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (recommended by Killer)
awards
Blog Of The Day Awards Winner
Apparently a half sandwich is nothing more than it claims to be!
Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I actually had the following conversation with the guy who runs the deli at my gym today (and he was serious):

Me (only wanting half a sandwich, but not seeing that option on the menu, and settling on buying a whole one): I'll take a turkey sandwich with jack cheese on sliced wheat, no onions or peppers.

Deli Guy: You want half or whole?

Me: I didn't realize half was an option. I'll take half.

Deli Guy (Doing his best Charades version of making a sandwich, then chopping in half with the side of his hand): You know you only get half. Is that ok?

Me: Uhhh? Yeah? (thinking "Wait, no... expain that to me again?")




WHO KNEW?
posted by othur-me @ 5:02 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Jester said…

    Wait wait wait...

    Back up...

    A little further to the first line:

    You have a deli at your gym?

    ::boggle::

    I can't get the image of some fat slob on a treadmill eating an Italian with oil and vinegar dripping down his chin out of my head.

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger othur-me said…

    Jester - first of all, I don't even like Italians.

    And B) its all healthy crap and some sandwiches.

     
  • At 2:05 AM, Blogger Jester said…

    You don't like Italians? That is a sweeping generalization, don't you think? I mean, I know you have a problem with the tone deaf, but with Italians?

    Oh. You meant Italian Sandwich. I get it.

    B) it's still a deli INSIDE A GYM.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    You really have a Deli in your gym? Kentucky is so behind!

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Killer said…

    Obviously you, in some way, led this man to believe that you not only did not understand the concept of half, but that he needed to pantomime the entire process.
    Maybe he wrote a story about you on his blog.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger othur-me said…

    jester & jane - its a counter in the gym where you get smoothies and sprout sandwiches, its not the food court at your local mall.

    killer - it was a REALLY good re-enactment. I got it right away.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
about me
Name: othur-me
Home: San Francisco-ish, California, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
so good the first time
old stuff
powered by


BLOGGER

© 2005 Immuno-(im?)(de?)(sup?)pressed Template by jester.