this blog

The ramblings and observations of a kidney transplant recipient, although not necessarily for that reason.

probably smarter than me
book i'm reading
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (recommended by Killer)
awards
Blog Of The Day Awards Winner
On Oct. 1, I will be taking on another roommate to live in my currently unoccupied spare bedroom...
Friday, September 01, 2006

Interesting facts about my household upon the arrival of Scott (the new roommate):
1) My house will not be growing anytime soon.
2) I will no longer be the person in the house with the fewest amount of transplanted body parts.
3) I will no longer be the only person who doesn't crawl from room to room (probably).
4) Scott will be having hernia surgery prior to his arrival, but couldn't be moving into a place with two less likely candidates for sympathy.
5) On rainy days, you may see Paul and Scott huddled together in my back yard trying to get a pipe lit.
6) The bathroom in my house will achieve yet another level of proof that only men live in this house.


Interesting facts about my household prior to Scott's arrival:
1) My house is only 950 square feed (small for just two people. amd Scott makes three).
2) My current roommate Paul is another transplant recipient (and he got a new kidney and a new pancreas at the same time).
3) My current roommate Paul is also an amputee (Drunk Scott may also be crawling from room to room at times).
4) Paul and I have collectively racked up more hospital bills than any other two people I know.
5) Paul is not allowed to smoke pot in the house. I don't smoke it, and I don't want the smell in my house.
6) One may not believe the bathroom could further prove that only men live in this house.
posted by othur-me @ 12:38 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger don't call me MA'AM said…

    This goes to prove what I always say... boys are smelly.

    It's not an insult. It's a fact. And I can live with that (good thing, or my husband would be kicked to the curb).

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger othur-me said…

    DCMM - I don't think boys notice until they live with other boys (that aren't their father or brother).

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Killer said…

    Wow, is there some post transplant bar where you meet all these people?
    It will make it more convenient for the hospital's collection agency to be able to find all of you in the same place.

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    No comment. I just wanted to say hello.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger othur-me said…

    Killer - um....yes....yes, there is. And we totally welcome people who haven't yet had transplants (people with two working kidneys). When you show up, completely ignore the bathtub full of ice in the back corner. Its merely for stocking the bar.

    Jane- hello back. Thanks for stopping by.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
about me
Name: othur-me
Home: San Francisco-ish, California, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
so good the first time
old stuff
powered by


BLOGGER

© 2005 Immuno-(im?)(de?)(sup?)pressed Template by jester.