this blog

The ramblings and observations of a kidney transplant recipient, although not necessarily for that reason.

probably smarter than me
book i'm reading
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (recommended by Killer)
awards
Blog Of The Day Awards Winner
Sorry to be graphic...
Wednesday, August 02, 2006

At this blog I try to switch it up betweeen talking about my health and joking around about other things.....today I'm going to try to combine them, sorta, I guess.

So the headline apology is for this....(squeamish or breakfast-eaters STOP READING!)......today I found visible blood in my urine. And it SUCKS! I just had a trasplant less than three months ago. I haven't seen blood in my urine since I discovered my kidney disease as a child. Nothing good ever comes from finding that there. It can only lead to invasive examinations in BAD places of which I'm not a big fan.

So I see the doctor tomorrow about it, and until then I have to keep a positive attitude.....so on the lighter side of things here are the good? things about finding blood in your urine (feel free to give me some more, if you can think of any).

1) No more blood draw with your urine sample collection. One stop shopping!

2) The right to dismiss the complaints of almost everyone I know.

3) No more worrying that I MIGHT see blood in my urine someday soon. Its here, yay!

4) The right to grab my crotch baseball-player-style anytime I want and just say "Ow" if someone is looking.

5) The eternal hope that the only solution for this problem is long hours of gentle (but not too gentle) physical therapy for the region in question by a licensed (and smokin' hot) therapist.
posted by othur-me @ 6:25 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Jester said…

    Hmm...

    6. Orange is my favorite color.

    7. Blood in semen is a much worse problem.

    8. No more mixups when getting drug tested.

    9. No more mixups in the fridge.

    10. Now when testing your blood sugar instead of pricking your finger...



    What I am finding quite disturbing is the graphic you've used on this post... dare I even ask where you found it?

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger othur-me said…

    Just a little before and after shot I took this morning!

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Lisa said…

    Holy god...that's awful. I thought that was a photo of sparkling wine and V8. Oy. But what's also awful is that this is happening! I hope everything is ok...thinking of you.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    I'll keep my fingers crossed in hopes that it's not something too serious!

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger othur-me said…

    Lisa - you were close....its tomato juice and gingerale.

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger othur-me said…

    See my next post for doctor's opinion.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Lisa said…

    HAAAA...I can't believe I'm *that* gullible that I really thought those were your urine samples! Well, one more bright side is at least your urine doesn't really look like that! I was wondering how yours was carbonated. Ew....I'm nauseous now.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger type1emt said…

    BTW, cream soda also makes a very nice urine-ish looking pic. But these are even more impressive.
    Blood in urine-yikes.I hope that scab heals + that white blood cell count comes up soon.

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger othur-me said…

    Cream Soda, got it! Let me know if you have any suggestions for bile!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
about me
Name: othur-me
Home: San Francisco-ish, California, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
so good the first time
old stuff
powered by


BLOGGER

© 2005 Immuno-(im?)(de?)(sup?)pressed Template by jester.