this blog

The ramblings and observations of a kidney transplant recipient, although not necessarily for that reason.

probably smarter than me
book i'm reading
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (recommended by Killer)
awards
Blog Of The Day Awards Winner
A sampling of average conversations with my friend Allyson....
Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Note that Allyson has declared previously that she does not like cheese (except on Pizza).

Me: What did you have for dinner tonight?
Allyson: Wendy's Chili
Me: I once made Wendy's chili from a mock recipe I saw on Donahue.
Allyson: You're dating yourself.
Me: Yeah, I know.
Allyson: Why would you need to MAKE Wendy's chili?
Me: Um.....? I don't know. We made it for a bunch of people and I think it probably cost less to make it yourself, or something like that. I think we just thought it would be fun.
Allyson: It costs 99 cents.
Me: Right. Whatever, it was fun and it tasted exactly like Wendy's chili.
Allyson: It would cost more to make per person than to get it off Wendy's 1 Dollar Value Menu. I think the ground beef alone would cost more.
Me: I don't think they had the $1 menu when Donahue was on, but you're probably right. Did you get cheese and onions on it? (I know she doesn't like cheese.)
Allyson: No
Me: Why not?
Allyson: Hi. I DON'T LIKE CHEESE.
Me: That is completely deranged. I think you have a brain cell turned the wrong way in your head somewhere. Who doesn't like cheese?
Allyson: Me.
Me: That's like saying "I don't like bacon." Its just impossible.

Allyson: It's not much different than your aversion to cucumbers.
Me: Yeah, except that cucumbers are disgusting.
Allyson: Name one other person that hates cucumbers.
Me: Name one other person that hates cheese.
Allyson: Right, that's why I said its NOT different.

So, I'm putting it to a vote* by my readers. Would the 5 of you please decide what is stranger? Hatred of cheese (obviously)? Or hatred of cucumbers (not as obvious)?


*Lactose intolerant votes don't count, but cucumber allergy votes do.
posted by othur-me @ 10:47 PM  
14 Comments:
  • At 2:18 AM, Blogger Jester said…

    Hates Cheese? What? I'm sorry what was the question? I can't stop thinking about cheese.

    Everyone I know who is actually lactose intolerant still eat cheese. In fact ask for it, despite the intestinal discomfort it will cause later.

    Hates cheese? *boggle*

    Seriously, I can't get past that.

    OH yeah, I'm not a big fan of cucumbers, either. Love pickles (dills, not sweet).

     
  • At 3:14 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    I melt cheese over my cucumbers. Yum!

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Guinness_Girl said…

    How can anyone hate cheese???

    Oh, and PS, I hate cucumbers as well. But, oddly, adore pickles.

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Guinness_Girl said…

    How can anyone hate cheese???

    Oh, and PS, I hate cucumbers as well. But, oddly, adore pickles.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Bianca Roland said…

    Frankly, I think they're both weird. I love cheese. I love it even more now that I'm lactose intolerant. And cucumbers? C'mon. They're cucumbers!!

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Lisa said…

    Oh, hatred of cheese is by far the stranger one. I don't get it...a life without cheese is not one I wish to live. Though it would be a lower fat life. Eh...who cares. And I too have been ridiculed for not liking cucumbers. I'm so with you. Now, if they were covered in cheese, that's a different story altogether.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Red said…

    Hi! I hate cheese too.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger othur-me said…

    Jester - I know. Its bizarre, I'm contemplating discontinuing our friendship over this. Ditto on the pickles. Ditto on the dill. Ditto on the sweet.

    Jane - I don't know why you would ruin perfectly good cheese like that.

    GG - wierd isn't it? How you can take something you hate, soak in some relatively mild (yeah right) flavors like vinegar, salt, and dill untill you've strangled absolutely every last bitter, disgusting drop of its own flavor out of it and enjoy what's left?

    Bianca - I'm sorry your vote of indifference has to be thown out. Only because you are lactose intolerant. I'm sorry. Those are the rules. Cheese is still a unanimous winner!

    Lisa - Have you ever heard anyone say about something that someone else doesn't like to eat, "Just cover it in cucumbers and it will taste better?" No....I think not.

    Red - thank you for alerting us to your mental condition. If you can say you hate bacon with a straight face, I would have to recommend you see a doctor.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger LC said…

    I am with Allyson and Red on this one.

    I only like cheese on pizza. Or when I am at a party where there is only booze and cheese plates to munch on.

    And I only do it then because an empty stomach + alcohol is not a good thing to do.

    Otherwise, big EW

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger type1emt said…

    Hatred of cheese, although my brother also hates it(unless its on pizza). Pizza must alter cheese haters taste buds.
    I love cucumbers-unless they're some some soggy(not crisp)been-in-the-fridge leftover conglomerative former salad mass. They've got to be crisp. (and that includes pickles)

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger othur-me said…

    LC - maybe we need a review of the word hatred. You will eat cheese sometimes, but I NEVER eat cucumbers. There is NO time I will eat them and like them.

    T1EMT - yeah..wierd how everyone can eat cheese when its on pizza. Magical stuff that pizza is.

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger don't call me MA'AM said…

    Cheese, glorious Cheese! Hating cheese is much weirder than hating cucumbers. Personally, I love both... but cheese always wins.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger othur-me said…

    DCMM - you only get half a vote for liking cucumbers, sorry.

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger don't call me MA'AM said…

    I can live with that.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
about me
Name: othur-me
Home: San Francisco-ish, California, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
so good the first time
old stuff
powered by


BLOGGER

© 2005 Immuno-(im?)(de?)(sup?)pressed Template by jester.