this blog

The ramblings and observations of a kidney transplant recipient, although not necessarily for that reason.

probably smarter than me
book i'm reading
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (recommended by Killer)
awards
Blog Of The Day Awards Winner
Here's to New York!
Tuesday, August 01, 2006


The US Census Bureau has determined that Seattle is the most educated (let's just say smartest) city in the US, followed by a close second place of San Francisco. While I'm sure they must have gotten it backwards, one thing is for sure, New York is NOWHERE to be seen.

When I think of smart places, I skip right over New York (#?) and think of Lexington, KY (#9). Kentucky is a place of free thinkers, individuals with more than just horses and whiskey on their minds. Similarly, I gotta say "HEY BRAH!" to Honolulu, HI (#16) for making it on the list. The people who make up this metrpolitan paradise are more than just beach loafers and wave riders, and are far more culturally advanced than any New Yorker could ever hope to be (clearly the list proves it!). Also, Red Sox fans can feel secure in calling there nemesis Yankee fan a "Stupid Idiot!" as Boston (#8) made the top ten. Even Washington, DC (#4) is honored by the Census Bureau's list of smartes places, despite some of its occupants, like the current White House administration.

While blog browsing each day, I come to find that most of the popular ones are written by New Yorkers, and now I'm really wondering WHY? New Yorkers are stupid! Even the US Census Bureau says so. I'm currently in the process of deleting all the NY-based blogs from my list of favorites, and I'm on a mad search to find blogs based in Virginia Beach (#19). I don't want to get any stupider from reading NY blogs. I is already dumb enough.

posted by othur-me @ 1:12 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Whinger said…

    Nice.
    Perhaps the bloggers aren't REALLY from New York? They're just in New Jersey and are trying to sound cooler?

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger othur-me said…

    Whinger - I'm not sure NJ needs it! It already such a cool place!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
about me
Name: othur-me
Home: San Francisco-ish, California, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
so good the first time
old stuff
powered by


BLOGGER

© 2005 Immuno-(im?)(de?)(sup?)pressed Template by jester.