this blog

The ramblings and observations of a kidney transplant recipient, although not necessarily for that reason.

probably smarter than me
book i'm reading
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (recommended by Killer)
awards
Blog Of The Day Awards Winner
All Cover Bands (and DJ's) Please Note The Following....
Monday, July 31, 2006

If you ever find yourself playing a gig that happens to be a private party on a five acre lot for 200 rugged bikers* after they just finished a 250 mile ride and are feasting on deep fried turkey and baked beans, the actual way to make them get up out of their folding camping chairs, throw off their skull-airbrushed leather vests, and boogie their steel-toed boots off until wee hours is to play Material Girl by Madonna, and not Honky Tonk Woman by the Rolling Stones, as you may have thought. Yeah, I know....I don't get it either, but just trust me**.

*Not the bikers of the new millenium that simultaneously own a BMW 530xi Sportswagon & a Screamin Eagle Fat Boy. The real kind......the kind that make choppers louder than got by piecing together their bike from old soup cans and chain saws parts with a motor from an old Chevy Chevelle that has been modified to fit in their bike frame.

**I'm really not just trying to get you beaten up or elimate the competition. This is actually a proven technique by my own band.
posted by othur-me @ 4:51 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Jester said…

    I was JUST in the middle of posting something very similar on my blog.

    You haven't lived until you've seen a 200 pound bearded bear of a veteran biker shaking his ass and stomping around while chanting "We are living in a material world and I am a material girl!"

    And to think... it wasn't even pride, or even the Folsom Street Fair. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
about me
Name: othur-me
Home: San Francisco-ish, California, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
so good the first time
old stuff
powered by


BLOGGER

© 2005 Immuno-(im?)(de?)(sup?)pressed Template by jester.