this blog

The ramblings and observations of a kidney transplant recipient, although not necessarily for that reason.

probably smarter than me
book i'm reading
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (recommended by Killer)
awards
Blog Of The Day Awards Winner
8=12?
Saturday, June 10, 2006
I got the following recipe off another blog, and I'm very much looking forward to making it....although I a have question. If you cut it into 8 equal triangles, how does it make 12?

Lemon Scones
Makes 12

3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup), unsalted, cubed
2 6-ounce containers lemon yogurt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon thyme or lemon balm, chopped

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda in a bowl and whisk to remove lumps. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or in the food processor until the butter is pea-size. Add the yogurt, lemon juice and lemon thyme or balm. Mix together gently with a spoon and then turn out onto a floured board. Form into a round as pictured above (about 3/4 inch tall) and then slice into 8 equal triangles. Bake until brown on top, about 12-14 minutes.
posted by othur-me @ 3:27 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Jester said…

    New math.

    overheard at Chabot Space and Science Center today:

    Asian woman to her kids:

    I swear she has gotten so big. Last summer she was 5'4". She grew 2 inches. Now she's almost 5'8"!

    Same woman approached me inside,

    "Wow, you're tall. What are you 5'9"?

    (I'm 6'2").

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger othur-me said…

    Jester: Then you are exactly 4" taller than she thought.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger don't call me MA'AM said…

    Yum. I love scones. Sorry... that's all I can think about now. Scones. Mmmmmmm....

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
about me
Name: othur-me
Home: San Francisco-ish, California, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
so good the first time
old stuff
powered by


BLOGGER

© 2005 Immuno-(im?)(de?)(sup?)pressed Template by jester.