this blog

The ramblings and observations of a kidney transplant recipient, although not necessarily for that reason.

probably smarter than me
book i'm reading
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (recommended by Killer)
awards
Blog Of The Day Awards Winner
Tonight I Went Out For The First Time
Saturday, May 20, 2006
I decided to try and venture out of the house for the evening for the first time since my surgery. There was a poker tournament at a friend of a friend's house. I don't like to miss this tournament because the competition is ususally pathetic. It was the usual round of pathetic players, but I was pullilng shitty cards all night and ended up short stacked and losing to a guy who beat my top pair with his kicker. I actually didn't mind because the drugs were getting me a little weary and I was tired of thinking about cards, especially against a group of people make it not matter what you think. I also got tired of watching people try to figure out how to count out their $125 bet with 4 different color chips. 1 green, 2 rd, 3 blue and no wait....2 blue 4 red and wait.....no....makes the game last forever. I was happy to see my friends.

I did make the mistake, however, of trying to run across the street to avoid traffic....and it turns out I'm not ready to run yet. My stomach made sure I knew that when I got to the other side. For those of you who need to know....it turns out it really hurts to run 12 days after a kidney transplant. You think I would have known that. I'm sure they told me at the hospital.
posted by othur-me @ 10:52 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Jester said…

    Other things you might wish to avoid:

    Deep Knee Bends
    Yoga
    Roofing a House
    Wendy's Chili
    Bowling
    Rollerblading
    Trampolines
    Wendy's Chili

    I know, Wendy's Chili is on there twice... Trust me on this one.

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger othur-me said…

    Jester - Ive managed to avoide everything on your list so far (except for the Wendy's Chili).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
about me
Name: othur-me
Home: San Francisco-ish, California, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
so good the first time
old stuff
powered by


BLOGGER

© 2005 Immuno-(im?)(de?)(sup?)pressed Template by jester.