this blog

The ramblings and observations of a kidney transplant recipient, although not necessarily for that reason.

probably smarter than me
book i'm reading
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (recommended by Killer)
awards
Blog Of The Day Awards Winner
Some quick thoughts on the American Idol finale....
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
If they removed the "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" portion by Bucky, the entire Burt Bacharach set would have been awesome.

All of the "Idols" got a lesson in stage presence from the celebrity guests. Especially Elliot. When Mary J grabbed his hand and started shakin' it for him. He looked befuddled. She was all...."GET A CLUE ELLIOT, IF YOU'D JUST MOVE A LITTLE YOU MIGHT'VE WON THIS THING!"

Prince! Showin' 'em all how its done.

Paris sucked hard.

Kat was overplayed.

Taylor deserved to win, but that's not saying much. Ask yourself if you would ever buy a ticket to see him in concert. Or any of 'em.
posted by othur-me @ 11:07 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Jester said…

    Oh Mr Cynical.

    I actually thought that Bucky sounded better than he ever had singing "Raindrops." I hate Bucky.

    Loved that Dionne Warwick showed up.

    I will buy Taylor's disc... I'd even see him live. I will buy Chris Daughtry's cd when it comes out. I will probably buy Elliot's, unless he makes it straight nasty R&B as so many ex-Idols have done.

    What the hell was up with Clay's hair? I vote that moment as the "BEST DOUBLE TAKE EVER."

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    I'd pay to see Taylor. He's talented, entertaining, and sexy.
    I like Elliots mom, and I like Elliot.....but mostly I feel sorry for him. I'm not sure why.
    Paris does suck...big time! Ew!

    Tony Braxton can't sing worth a darn....and she looked stoned...I loved Clays new hair style......

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
about me
Name: othur-me
Home: San Francisco-ish, California, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
so good the first time
old stuff
powered by


BLOGGER

© 2005 Immuno-(im?)(de?)(sup?)pressed Template by jester.