this blog

The ramblings and observations of a kidney transplant recipient, although not necessarily for that reason.

probably smarter than me
book i'm reading
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (recommended by Killer)
awards
Blog Of The Day Awards Winner
Last Normal Day
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
I think this will be the last day that feels normal before my surgery.

I worked today. While I'm officially working the rest of the week, it will be all wrapping up loose ends. No new work. No new problems to take on. Just sit around and wait for work to end mostly.

I paid my bills today. For the next month or two other people will be paying my bills. I've given one of my friends a bunch of cash and redirected my bills to her house. Hopefuly she will actually pay my bills and not go shopping with the money. Either way, I'm won't be that concerned about it. I will be loaded up on immunosuppressants and pain killers for awhile. I won't be that concerned with anything.

Tonight I have band practice (last time for awhile). My band is trying out a new drummer even thought I won't be there after tonight. Luckily we don't have any gigs coming up until June, but even when that happens, other people in the band will have to help me. I'm not supposed lift more than ten pounds for 3 months. I'm not sure they'll even let me play my bass by the time the June gig comes around. I think I will tell people I'm not allowed to carry more than ten pounds for 3 YEARS.

I'll go home and watch TV after that. The rest of my week will feel like a very slow gurney ride into the OR.
posted by othur-me @ 5:04 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
about me
Name: othur-me
Home: San Francisco-ish, California, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
so good the first time
old stuff
powered by


BLOGGER

© 2005 Immuno-(im?)(de?)(sup?)pressed Template by jester.